On Sunday October 12, Kaizer Chiefs and Bloemfontein Celtic will meet again in the Macufe Cup 2014 at Free-State Stadium where both teams will get the opportunity to sort-out their unfinished Macufe business.
It’s Macufe Cup, so it’s going to be tough for players and exciting for the supporters. This is a great soccer match between two elite teams with great traditions, great supporters and great histories. Macufe Cup 2014 can only be described as a big game for the two Giants.
Last year, Vuyani Ntanga scored from a free-kick in the first half to hand Celtic the win while in October 2012 , Celtic won 4-3 on penalties. The last time Chiefs won Macufe Cup was in 2011.
A pause in domestic league action for the international break will be filled by Macufe Cup. Both teams have already clashed this season in a league game where Kaizer chiefs had the upper hand over Bloemfontein Celtic. Having lost their last league encounter with Kazier Chiefs, Bloemfontein Celtic, under new management, will not hesitate to send Kaizer Chiefs and their supporters back to Gauteng empty handed.
Both Kaizer Chiefs and Bloemfontein Celtic have won Macufe Cup 4 times. Who will have the upper hand come Sunday 12, October ?
Macufe Cup brings much more than football to South Africa, Various artists , dancers and Djs will entertain people prior to the game.
Come Sunday October 12, Fans throughout the country and around the world will be in Macufe Cup state of mind. Fans and teams are already looking ahead to Macufe Cup
Fans can follow along with every pick of at www.macufe.co.za and also on Social Media. Macufe Cup will be trending as #MacufeCup2014 and they can follow @MacufeCup2014.
• Initiated and launched by C-Squared Consumer Connectedness PTY in 2003.
• Macufe Cup is one of the most successful soccer tournaments in the country organized by a 100% Black-owned company.
• Macufe Cup has been able to reposition a professional soccer fraternity in the Free State and Mangaung against other competitive sporting host cities such as Johannesburg, Durban and Cape-town.
• The cup attracts well over 35 000 soccer loving spectators from the various corners of South Africa.
• The event Celebrates Free-State province for contributing towards the development of a professional soccer fraternity in the province and support in the country.
• Each year, Macufe cup maintains and further develops the support base for Bloemfontein Celtics soccer clubs.
• As an annual event, Macufe Cup plays a pivotal role in contributing towards global re-positioning of the Free State Tourism brand.
2004 – Kaizer Chiefs
2005 – Kaizer Chiefs
2006 – Ashanti Gold Sporting (former Asante Kotoko)
2007 – Moroka Swallows
2008 – Bloemfontein Celtic FC
2009 – Kaizer Chiefs
2010 – Bloemfontein Celtic
2011 – Kaizer Chiefs
2012 – Bloemfontein Celtic
2013 – Bloemfontein Celtic